The University of California, Berkeley, will observe "Take Our Children To Work Day" on Thursday, April 26.. The many campus-wide activities include these visual opportunities for media organizations:
* "A Celebration of Cal's Children." Eat, drink, play, meet with Cal student athletes and hear from Chancellor Robert M. Berdahl on Memorial Glade (in front of Doe Library) at noon.
* "Quake, Rattle, and Roll." Where will the next earthquake be located? Children can visit the Seismology Laboratory, 220 McCone Hall, from 10 a.m. to noon.
* "Mud and Me." The ASUC Art Studio will present three 20-minute demonstrations to youngsters on how to make pottery at the ASUC Art Studio (Student Union Breezeway), 10 a.m. to noon.
* "Eye Spy." Children can glimpse the insides of their own eyes using state-of-the-art computer imaging at the School of Optometry, 200 Minor Hall, 10:30 -11:30 a.m.
* "Don't Pick On Me!" Learn how to deal with a bully; play-acting will make it fun! Tips for youngsters at the Staff Ombud's Office, Unit 3 Recreation Room, 2400 Durant Ave., 10:30-11:30 a.m.
* "See a T-Rex." Kids will check out a T-rex, the head of a triceratops and some amazing photos of insects and animals at Marianne Koshland Boioscience and Natural Resources Library, 10 -11 a.m.
* "Honey, I Shrunk the Garden." Children are invited on a 20-minute tour of the Biological Imaging Facility, where microscopes are used to explore the inner workings of plants. It all takes place at Koshland Hall, 3rd floor, from 2- 4 p.m.
* "UCPD Blue." Children can glimpse the hub of the UC Police Department, check out a squad car and tour the crime lab in the basement of Sproul Hall during a 1- 2 p.m. program. Or, they can drop by between 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
* "Up, Up and Away." All day, a free elevator ride to the top of the Campanile is available to children accompanied by an adult with a UC Berkeley Staff I.D.